...Jesus said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Mark 10:14

Sunday, June 27, 2010

LAST FULL DAY IN GUATEMALA!

Wow! It seems like it took a "forever" worth of planning to finally reach the day when FCC would make it to Guatemala. Now they've reached the end of their stay. Some of the crew are pretty sad that it's over, although they will be happy to get home. I'm sure next Sunday we will have plenty of pictures to view and stories to hear from their journey.

If you made it to first service today you were able to see Pastor Cliff and some of the crew. Unfortunately it started raining hard and they had to leave before 2nd service started. They were disappointed that they were unable to see the students of the school there due to the heavy morning rains.

The group stayed at the hotel today because of the rain. Some took this opportunity to rest, nap, or read. They were able to take a walk around Antigua during the moments when the rain would stop.

Please pray for the people of Guatemala as the heavy rain they received today brings the fear of more mudslides. This would be devastating to the people who have had to deal with so much already.

The people in the group have had a wonderful opportunity to meet beautiful people, have made new friends, have had the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, have helped people who have lost everything due to mudslides, and have been blessed by the opportunity to serve. We thank them for representing our church and for doing God's work.



"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.'"Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?" And the king will answer them, "Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me." Matthew 25: 35-40.

Kairos Christian School and Students